Village Chapel Awana Clubs
2 - 3 year olds (requires parent participation)
Awana Puggles is an enriching program for your pre-Cubbies kids that presents 4 basic Biblical concepts called Big Truths:
- God Made Everything!
- God Is Great!
- God Loves Us!
- We Give Thanks!
Awana Puggles teaches toddlers simple lessons through teaching cards, activities, music and more. Awana Puggles leaders have a leader’s guidebook to help them plan and direct club time and communicate the lesson.
Then parents — a Puggle’s first and best teacher — can step in to reinforce the lessons with take-home cards that include ideas to point out God’s work each day. And little details like Awana Puggles T-shirts, puzzles and coloring books make every precious child feel like part of the group.
A parent or guardian is required to accompany and participate with their Puggle.
Preschoolers (1 & 2 years prior to kindergarten)
The Cubbies Awana club for preschoolers is built on two premises:
- Young children can and should receive spiritual training.
- Home is the primary place for spiritual training.
Our preschool program meets these needs through FUN — and lots of it!
Awana is fun with a purpose — to reach and train kids for Jesus Christ. Games, puppets, crafts, awards and other activities transform our preschool program into a lively weekly experience where fun and learning go hand in hand.
Kindergarten to 2nd Grade
The Sparks program is firmly grounded in Scripture. The three handbooks feature:
- Basic truths about God, Jesus Christ, salvation and the Bible
- A clear and consistent presentation of the gospel message
- An increased emphasis on Scripture memory over our preschool materials. In three years, a child will learn and review over 65 verses, many of which cover salvation and key Christian doctrine, establishing a foundation of Biblical wisdom.
Fun Learning = Results: Sparks club meetings combine learning with fun to create an atmosphere of irresistible excitement for churched and unchurched kids alike. Club meetings are divided into three segments:
- Bible teaching, worship, award presentations and the gospel message
- Small group interaction and completion of Bible-based lessons
- Age-appropriate games on the Awana game circle
3rd to 5th Grades
Truth & Training
Truth & Training (T&T) is the program that trains the leaders of tomorrow — today.
T&T is equipped with a variety of dynamic tools to get kids excited about God’s Word:
- Four handbooks of increasing difficulty which teach children that life’s ultimate adventure is a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- A cast of fun characters that boys and girls learn from and follow on interesting journeys in the handbooks
- Weekly meetings that expose children to the gospel message, Scripture memory, Bible study, awards, team-oriented games and gut-busting fun
- A Bible-centered curriculum that helps kids build a firm foundation
for their faith, hide God’s Word in their heart and apply the truths of
Scripture to their daily lives