Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Maker Fun Factory VBS 2017! We are looking forward to a fun filled week sharing God’s love with our children and showing them how God made them for a purpose!
We are excited that you have signed up to volunteer for this year’s Totally Catholic Maker Fun Factory VBS June 12-16th!! We are looking forward to week of FAITH, FELLOWSHIP, and FUN!
We are in the process of getting details organized for a great week! Please review the following information and let us know if you have any questions!!
Volunteer Assignments/Must Know Info
- Volunteer Assignments – everyone received their assignments at the VBS trainings. If you did not attend a training and are unsure of your assignment, please email Marie at email@example.com
- Crew Leader Guides – All crew leaders and crew leader assistants MUSTreview the attached crew leader guides prior to VBS. If you have any questions about your role or expectations as a crew leader please email Marie.
- CODE OF CONDUCT- ALL youth volunteers and their parents MUST review and SIGN the attached code of conduct and return to Marie McDaniel by June 12th. You can bring these to Set-Up on Sunday!https://vbspro.events/p/events/stphilipfranklinvbs2017/documents
- Flocknote communications – Please be sure you are signed up to receive VBS Volunteers 2017 Flocknotes. This is how we will be communicating.
- VBS Dances: Please preview and try to learn some of the VBS dances we will be teaching the kids during VBS!
- Set-up/Decorating Day – Sunday June 11th from 2pm-5pm. Set-up/decorate that day. ALL CREW ON DECK! Volunteer Factory Crew T-Shirts will also be given out on this day! These shirts must be worn EVERY DAY!
- Tear Down/Clean Up Day - Friday, June 16th. All Counselors will need to help with tear down from 3pm-4pm. Dismissal will be at 4pm or sooner if we completely tear down before then.
- Mass Help – We are looking for readers, altar servers, and Eucharistic Ministers for Mass on Monday and Friday. Please email Michelle Daigle if you would like to assist in one of these areas during Mass on those two days. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Snacks will be provided daily around 10:30am. *See attached Overview Chart for Snacks provided each day! **Food Allergies: See Note Below**
LUNCH WILL BE PROVIDED FOR VBS for K-5 Campers AND Volunteers Tues-Fri by various ministries. **Food Allergies: See Note Below**
- Monday – All campers and volunteers need to bring a packed lunch. (NO peanut products please!).
- Tuesday – Spaghetti, baby carrots, and oranges (Provided by Loaves and Fishes)
- Wednesday – Quesadilla and Rice (Provided by Hispanic Ministry)
- Thursday – Pizza (Provided by Knights of Columbus)
- Friday – Hot Dogs, Chips, and Watermelon (Provided by Women of St. Philip)
- **FOOD ALLERGIES**: We unfortunately cannot accommodate for all food allergies. If your teen has ANY food allergies or would prefer not to eat the snacks/meals provided please pack your him/her a snack and lunch each day. (NO peanut products please!).
Adult Volunteers ONLY:
- Adult Background Checks – Please be sure that you have completed your Safe Envioronment Background Check and have turned it into Maria Herrera in the Youth Office.
- Childcare – Childcare is available to adult volunteers. Please include this information when you register.
Daily Volunteer Expectations
Required daily-morning meetings. These are vitally important! If you will be late, please text appropriate camp director. Breakfast treats will be available by 8am! :
Check-in/Check-Out for all volunteers –
- Enter through the office entrance.
- Arrive on time for pre-camp meetings (earlier if you want Publix yummies).
- Sign in and Sign-Out every morning/afternoon on the Volunteer Sign-in Sheet
- Pickup your name tag.
- If coming in for an afternoon shift, check-in with camp director and proceed to your assignment.
Clipboards & Backpacks
- Each camper-team will have 1 of each
- To be carried everywhere you go.
- Rosters are to be in/on clipboards.
- Every morning pick up clipboard in your crew station bucket.
- Every time your team moves to a new location, you must:
- do a head count before you leave
- Do a roll call (call out names) when you arrive at a new location.
- Daily Schedules are attached!
- Mass will be held on Monday/Friday at 11:45am.
- Friday Closing Celebration is from 2:30 – 3:00 pm for parents. Volunteers MUST stay and help clean up after VBS has ended. Dismissal will happen no earlier than 4pm for volunteers.
LUNCH: ALL CREW LEADERS WILL SIT WITH THEIR CREWS DURING LUNCH. Tables will be ASSIGNED.
GUM: PLEASE NO GUM CHEWING DURING VBS!
BATHROOM: ALL CREWS WILL BE ASSIGNED A SPECIFIC BATHROOM DURING BUSY TIMES LIKE SNACK, MASS AND LUNCH. PLEASE ENCOURAGE ALL KIDDOS TO VISIT THE BATHROOM BEFORE MASS!!!
- Please DO NOT go into the Restrooms with the campers. You hold the door open and another Youth will stay with you. If a child calls out, encourage them to take care of it on their own, if they cannot, you call an ADULT!
What are Crew Leaders?
- Crew Leader (CL) = Crew Leaders are ALL rising 9th-12th graders. There will be at least 1 male and 1 female CL per team. The CL’s will be paired up with one assistant for the duration of camp to mentor. CL’s are responsible for being the leaders of their teams. CL’s will work with the other CL’s to designate responsibilities amongst other assistants on that team. (We will discuss at training what those responsibilities will be.) One of the goals of the CL is to mentor and prepare their CLA to become CL’s in the future. Finally, the most important goal is to make this week the best week of the camper’s summer!
- Crew Leader Assistant (CLA) = Crew Leader Assistants are ALL rising 6th-8th graders. There will be at least 1 male and 1 female CLA per team. The CLA’s will be paired up with one CL for the duration of camp to mentor with. CLA’s will work with the CL’s on the responsibilities needed for that team. (We will discuss at training what those responsibilities will be.) One of the goals of the CLA is to learn and prepare to become a CL in the future. Finally, the most important goal is the make this week the best week of the camper’s summer!
ALWAYS make the kids feel welcome and included, get on their EYE LEVEL when speaking with them. Remember, the kiddos look up to you and will be watching you, please be a positive role model for them and show them the LOVE that JESUS shows us all.
Please Remember that You DO NOT DISCIPLINE. You will REDIRECT if necessary and then contact an ADULT if the child needs further attention.
REMEMBER: HAVE FUN!! BE WELCOMING AND ENCOURAGING!!! ENJOY THIS TIME IN THE PRESENCE OF JESUS WITH THESE KIDDOS!!
CHILDCARE IS PROVIDED for any adults who would like to volunteer for VBS!!!!
We will be sending out more information regarding specific volunteer assignments and training dates as we get closer to VBS. Stay tuned for Flocknote updates!
Attention all ADULT (18+) volunteers:
All adults (18+) are required to complete a Safe Environment Profile form prior to working in any ministry involving children. Please click on the link below to review the information.
1. Read the information enclosed
a. Safe Environment Letter and Information
b. Diocese of Nashville Policy for Church Personnel and Volunteers
2. Complete the required forms.
a. Profile Form – 1st time applicants ONLY
b. Profile B Form – Annual renewal of volunteers who have been previously cleared by the diocese.
3. Return to Maria Herrera in the church office as soon as possible.
4. Receive notification from Maria Herrera that the background screening has cleared you to volunteer working with children in our parish.