GREAT NEWS!!!! REUNION KIDS
With careful planning, we’re excited to be having Vacation Bible School (VBS)!
VBS is an important part of our mission as we partner with you to lead your kids to grow in their walk with Christ. Plus, VBS is just so much fun, and we’re so excited to be learning and laughing with your children!
Like our Sunday services, we’re taking additional steps to keep our kid’s environments safe (and fun) for your family! When you arrive, be ready for a new check-in process to help support a safe environment.
- Every staff member, volunteer, and child will have their temperature taken before checking in to VBS. We aren’t able to check in anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher.
- Our new experience will extend to check-in as VBS volunteers will help you at the check-in kiosks and handle sign-in sheets for you.
- We encourage you to only send one parent into VBS for drop-off and pick-up to help limit hallway traffic.
- Be sure to use hand sanitizer or wash your hands before entering VBS. Encourage your child to do the same.
- All staff and children are expected to wear a mask throughout the evening with exception of dance and game time.
- Please send a water bottle with your child’s name clearly written on it so your child will have water through VBS.
- Each child will receive their very own tote to carry their own water bottle and belongings.
- You’ll see lots of big waves, but let’s avoid hugs, high-fives, and handshakes.
In addition to the new check-in process, we're taking extra care inside each room, too!
- We’ve increased hygiene and cleaning protocols in our VBS spaces during and between services. Specifically, each station will be sanitized between each session.
- Additional hand-sanitizing stations will be available at the VBS check-in and hallway areas. All leaders will be carrying hand sanitizer.
Of course, we'll need to work together to help keep VBS a safe place for everyone, so please stay home and participate online if your child has had a fever in the past 14 days, shows any symptoms of COVID-19, or has been around anyone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Please see attached Well Child Policy.
If you have any questions about what to expect, please don’t hesitate to reach out and let us know. Our whole team is here for you and your family.
We’re looking forward to seeing your kiddos this week!
Well Child Policy
Upon the recommendation of the Committee on Control of Infectious Diseases of the American Academy of Pediatrics, a child with any of the following symptoms should stay at home:
· FEVER: Child should be fever free for 24 hours without medication. Temperature of 100.4 or higher is considered a fever.
· COVID-19 Symptoms: Fever, loss of taste and/or smell, body ache, headache, shortness of breath, runny nose, cough or sore throat.
- VOMITING/DIARRHEA: Child should be episode free for 24 hours.
- STREP THROAT: Child should have started antibiotics 24 hours before attending.
- WHOOPING COUGH: Child should not attend if experiencing any symptoms.
- NASAL DRAINAGE: Excessive or discolored. Child should not attend until clear.
- SORE THROAT/COUGH: Child should not attend with a sore throat, croup or persistent coughing associated with respiratory infection.
- PINK EYE: Attend only after 24 hours of antibiotics, no matting or drainage occurs, and the child is no long rubbing the eye.
- CHICKEN POX: Child may not attend until all spots are scabbed over and the child is no longer scratching or touching scabs.
- RASH: Children with an unexplained or contagious rash should not attend. Any skin infection such as boils, ringworm, or impetigo
- LICE/OTHER INFESTATION: Children should not attend until after treatment, and all live lice and visible nits have been removed.