VBS Leaders are Jr. Crew Leaders who have completed gr. 6-8 and Senior Crew Leaders who have completed gr. 9-12.
Leaders are ENTHUSIASTIC, RELIABLE, LOVE to share the love of Jesus, and ENJOY guiding Kindergarteners through 6th graders.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE REGISTERING
Registration opens Tuesday, April 13th at 7:00 a.m..
Requirements for ALL Teen Leaders (details below):
- Should be available the entire week of VBS. (Monday, July 26th to Friday, July 30th)
- Morning Teen Volunteers need to be onsite from 9:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
- Afternoon Teen Volunteers need to be onsite from 12:30 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.
- Attend 2 mandatory training dates even if you have been a leader in the past. Returning leaders are wonderful mentors for our first time leaders, and honestly, we are all always growing and are never 100% trained.
- Sign-up for 1 set-up or clean-up shift.
Dates and times you will need to be available the ENTIRE WEEK of VBS:
Morning Session: Monday, July 26th to Friday, July 30th from 9:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.. (NOTE: Camper time 9:30 a.m. to 12 noon)
Afternoon Session: Monday, July 26th to Friday, July 30th from 12:30 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. (NOTE: Camper time 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.)
PLUS 2 MANDATORY TRAINING SESSIONS:
TBD - Please keep an eye out for an email regarding MANDATORY VBS TRAINING DATES
Please note that VBS takes place Monday through Friday, it is very disruptive to the little campers when they do not have the same leaders for the entire week (it provides security for them) and heartbreaking to some when their leaders are not there on the last day to wish them a proper farewell. Friday is a very special day for the Crews. If you cannot commit to the entire week, please register for the Wait List job.
Creating a fabulous VBS atmosphere requires your help! There will be additional two hour work shift available during the week of July 19th. Please sign up to help set-up during the week before OR clean up on Friday, July 30th. Sign up for your shift at VBS Treasured Work Shift
LEADER JOB DESCRIPTIONS: 2-3 Teen Leaders (a mix of Junior and Senior Crew Leaders) will be assigned to a group of 8 campers. They stay with the same crew all week and take the campers through the stations. Teens can only sign up for ONE SESSION ONLY (either Morning or Afternoon). If your choice is not available when you register or if you cannot commit for the entire VBS week, please sign up on the WAIT LIST position.
- Senior Crew Leader - for teens going into grade 10 or higher 15 spots are available for each session.
- Junior Crew Leader - for teens going into grade 7th-9th 15 spots are available for each session.
THE REGISTRATION PROCESS/CONFIRMATION
- After reading this entire page, you can register on the Volunteer Registration page beginning at 7 a.m. on Tuesday, April 13th. (Until we go live with the system at that time, you will not see the volunteer registration "button")
- The "Wait List" field is used if the position you want is full or if you cannot commit for the entire VBS week. We will contact you to verify your job availability.
- We will communicate through email and texts, so make sure you put down an email that will be checked often.
A key component of VBS is communication. As a LEADER, we expect you to reach out and communicate with us as needed. Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions or to ley us know if your plans change. We can be reached at 925-830-4710 or YouthMinistry@sjasr.org
We are looking forward to a fabulous VBS week with you. We can't do it without you!
Mary Machi, Gina Camp and Marie Pena
St. Joan of Arc Faith Formation and Youth Ministry Team