1. What Covid protocols are you following to keep participants and volunteers safe?
We will be closely following all current provincial health orders to run our VBS in a safe way.
2. I am interested in volunteering. How do I sign up?
We need MANY volunteers for VBS! Please use the Volunteer Registration link on the home page to sign up as a volunteer. Volunteer Registration will close June 15th, 2022. We will contact all applicants by June 20th to let you know if we have a volunteer placement for you this year. Please note all volunteers age 18 and over must have a Criminal Record Check on file with us (current within 3 years). Click here to download information for this process from the Documents page of this website.
3. How old do I have to be to sign up as a volunteer?
You must be at least finishing Grade 6 to volunteer at VBS. Please note that we may not be able to accommodate all applicants who apply for positions. All youth are welcome to join our afternoon youth events (see #6 below) whether or not you volunteer at VBS. We can use ALL AGES of volunteers!
4. Is childcare available for children too young to attend VBS?
No, we are unable to provide care for children who are too young to participate in VBS, even if you are working as a volunteer.
5. Is there a discount if my child can only attend for part of the week?
No, the cost is the same no matter how many days you attend.
6. Is there anything planned for youth and preteens the week of VBS?
YES! There are afternoon activities planned for preteens and youth Monday to Friday following VBS. Pre-registration is required. See our website for details: www.bethanybaptist.bc.ca or contact our Youth Pastor, Connor, at CSPfortmueller@bethanybaptist.bc.ca.
7. Are snacks allergy-safe?
All snacks are peanut free. If your child has other food allergies, please list them when prompted on the registration form. We will contact you with a list of the planned snacks so you can decide whether or not to send an alternate snack with your child.
8. Tell me more about Bethany Baptist Church. Are there other programs I can attend at Bethany?
Yes! See our website for details: www.bethanybaptist.bc.ca
More questions? Contact one of our Children's Directors:
Kathy Holmes: firstname.lastname@example.org
Angelika Hummelman: email@example.com